Birmingham Airport Special Assistance
Making your way through the airport can be tough at the best of times, but even more so if you have mobility, sight or hearing restrictions. For this reason, OCS is on hand to offer a range of special assistance at Birmingham Airport. If you require any special assistance during your journey through Birmingham Airport, please contact them on 0121 767 7878, or on email@example.com.
Birmingham Airport Special Assistance Services Available
- There are induction loop systems in various locations around the terminal as well as staff trained in sign language.
- 7 help points throughout the terminal and car parks
- All toilets within Birmingham Airport have disabled facilities, and a dedicated Changing Places toilet can be found in the Departure Lounge, not far from the WHSmith Book Store. Please note that if you would like to have access to this, you will need to prearrange it with OCS in advance of your arrival.
- All security staff are trained to be sympathetic to passengers with reduced mobility and a private search area is available if you would prefer.
- Although you are able to travel with your own mobility equipment*, you can also hire a courtesy electric mobility scooter from OCS. Please contact them to book.
- Do you or one of your fellow travellers have autism? Birmingham Airport provides this booklet and workbook for children and a slightly different booklet is aimed at adults with autism, as well as parents and carers.
- For anyone travelling with a Hidden Disability, please contact OCS as per the above information to inform them. They will be happy to provide you with a discreet lanyard to notify staff that you may require additional assistance or consideration at security.
*Should you want to travel with your own mobility equipment, please make sure you inform both the airport and your airline of this. The airline will require the weight and dimensions of your aid to ensure it’s safe to travel. Please give at least 48 hours notice.
Special Assistance Help Points at Birmingham Airport
Once you arrive there are help points throughout the area to call for assistance in getting into the airport. These can be found;
- Next to disabled parking bays in Car Parks, 1, 2, and the Premium Set Down Car Park.
- In Car Park 5, as well as an accessible bus service to the terminal.
- Next to Air-Rail in the Birmingham rail interchange
- Two locations outside the terminal itself; one opposite the local area bus stops and the other opposite the car park courtesy bus stops
Birmingham Airport Disabled Parking
60 minutes free parking at the Premium Set Down car park for Blue Badge holders (you will need to have your blue badge to present at the Meet & Greet cabin).
Car Parks 1,2 and 5 also have disabled parking spaces, however, these are charged at the normal rates.
Please note if you are parking offsite, you will need to check with the car park provider about their disabled parking options.